Keto Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Cut these pieces in half lengthwise also, creating four strips per chicken breast. Soak the strips in buttermilk overnight.
- Take the chicken out of the buttermilk then season with salt, pepper, cayenne powder, and paprika.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg then set the bowl aside. In a separate bowl mix the almond flour, plus some salt and pepper together. Coat each piece of chicken in the egg, then the almond flour. Coat each piece in the egg, and then the almond flour again so that there are two layers of breading.
- Preheat some olive oil in a skillet, then quickly cook both sides of each chicken strip so that the outside browns. Place each piece of chicken on a baking sheet then cover with foil. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat your waffle maker. Whisk the egg yolks, milk, erythritol, melted butter, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the almond flour and salt until no lumps are remaining.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks. Carefully fold the eggs into the waffle batter, adding half at a time.
- Grease the waffle maker, then add 1/3 cup portions of the batter and cook each waffle for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Serve the waffles with a piece of chicken on top and some mustard. Add a slice of bacon and two pickles onto each, then sandwich with another waffle and drizzle with sugar-free maple syrup. Pierce with a toothpick to keep the stack together when serving.
452.9 Calories | 31.68g Fats | 9.98g carbs | 4.88g fiber | 5.1g Net Carbs | 33.73g Protein