Keto Bread Recipes
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Easy and delicious seedy bagels, just waiting for you to add your favorite fillings.
Recipe & photo by Naomi Sherman
4 g net carbs | 5 g fiber | 39 g fat | 23 g protein | 477 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 20 + 15 min | Medium | 4 Servings
• 200 g (425 ml) mozzarella cheese
• 28 g cream cheese
• 350 ml (170 g) almond flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 egg
• 2 tsp flaxseed
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp poppy seeds
• 1 egg
1. Preheat the oven to 430℉ (220℃) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium, microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Repeat in 30 second bursts until the cheese has melted and can be easily combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour and baking powder, until well combined. Add the egg and almond flour mix, to the melted cheese. Mix well until a smooth dough forms. Kneading it on a non-stick surface, helps with this process!
4. Divide the dough into as many parts as portions in the recipe, and form into bun shapes. Place on your lined baking tray.
5. Use your thumb, or the handle of a wooden spoon, to push a hole through the center of each bun and then shape it further until you have bagel shapes.
6. Place the seeds and seasoning for the topping mix into a small bowl and give it a quick stir to combine.
7. Crack the second egg into a bowl and beat until combined.
8. Brush the top of each bagel liberally with the beaten egg and then sprinkle with your topping mixture.
9. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
These bagels can be served in so many delicious ways:
• Smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers or dill.
• Avocado, lime juice and dukkah.
• Bacon and grilled cheese.
These bagels can be frozen and reheated.
These bagels go great with