Keto Condiments Recipes
Ahhh… homemade mayonnaise. Fresh. Inexpensive. Quick. Delicious. Not to mention additive-free. Schmear it on just about anything to maximize life’s simple pleasures!
Recipe by Jill Wallentin | Photo by Naomi Sherman
0.1 g net carbs | 0 g fiber | 54 g fat | 1 g protein | 485 kcal
Prep Time: 10 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
• ¼ tsp salt
• 240 ml light olive oil or avocado oil
1. Crack the egg into a high and narrow mixing bowl, a large glass measuring cup, or beaker and add the Dijon mustard, vinegar, and salt.
2. Place the immersion blender in the bottom of the container before turning it on. Start mixing using one hand and use the other hand to slowly pour the oil into the bowl in a thin steady stream while you keep mixing. Note that the lowest layer is supposed to turn white and creamy before you raise the blender to the next layer. The mayonnaise is ready when it’s thick and fluffy.
3. Taste and add more salt, and perhaps add more vinegar or lemon juice and dijon based on your preferences.
Homemade mayo keeps at least 5 days in the refrigerator.