Keto Desserts Recipes
Keto Chocolate Monster Cupcakes
Your favorite mug cake has become a tasty Halloween treat! Enjoy these decadent chocolate monster cupcakes topped with matcha cream and strawberries.
Recipe by Anne Aobadia | Photo by Giorgos Chloros
4 g net carbs | 2 g fiber | 31 g fat | 6 g protein | 325 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 20 min | Easy | 12 Servings
• 180 ml (85 g) almond flour or hazelnut flour
• 80 ml (30 g) cocoa powder
• 180 ml (160 g) granulated erythritol
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1½ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 pinches salt
• 6 eggs, beaten
• 120 ml melted coconut oil or butter
• 45 g (80 ml) coarsely chopped sugar-free dark chocolate (look for stevia, erythritol, and/or monk fruit in the ingredients)
• 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
• 475 ml heavy whipping cream
• 12 small fresh strawberries
• 2 tsp roasted unsweetened coconut chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add eggs, melted coconut oil or butter, and chocolate. Mix until smooth.
3. Place liners in a cupcake pan, and fill them halfway.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until it’s springy to the touch when pressing gently in the middle.
5. Allow the cupcakes to completely cool on a rack before decorating.
1. Whisk the matcha green tea powder into a small amount of heavy whipping cream, to begin with. Ensure any green tea powders lumps have gone before adding the remaining heavy whipping cream.
2. Beat with an electric whisk or beater until light and fluffy.
3. Scoop a large tablespoon of cream onto the cooled cupcakes.
4. Finally decorate with a strawberry, adding toasted coconut pieces into the strawberries as teeth, eyes, or fangs.