Keto Desserts Recipes
Keto Lemon Ice Cream
Treat the whole family to this fresh and creamy keto dessert. Summery homemade ice cream, bursting with luscious citrus flavor. Guaranteed sugar-free success!
By Anne Aobadia | Photo by Sophie Håkansson
3 g net carbs | 0 g fiber | 27 g fat | 5 g protein | 270 kcal
Prep Time: 1 h 30 m | Medium | 6 Servings
• 1 lemon, zest and juice
• 3 eggs
• 80 ml (70 g) erythritol
• 425 ml heavy whipping cream
1. Wash the lemon in lukewarm water. Finely grate the outer peel (zest). Squeeze out the juice and set aside.
2. Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and a few drops of yellow food coloring (optional). Carefully fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
3. Whip cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold egg mixture into cream.
4. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
5. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can place the bowl in the freezer and give it a good stir every half hour until it reaches the desired consistency. It can take up to 2 hours. Use a spatula to scrape the inside of the bowl while stirring. If frozen, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Add a few drops of natural food coloring if you want the ice cream to have a more vibrant color.
Switch up your citrus! Limes and grapefruit make yummy ice cream flavors, too. If you try a grapefruit, use only one tablespoon of juice for every two servings of ice cream.