Keto Desserts Recipes
Keto Waffles with Blueberry Butter
Waffle lovers, unite! Can you think of a better keto breakfast? These fluffy keto waffles come with a satisfying crisp crust and a scoop of creamy blueberry butter. Gluten-free by nature, making these keto waffles dairy-free is not a problem when you swap the butter for coconut oil.
Recipe by Anne Aobadia | Photo by Sophie Håkansson
3 g net carbs | 4 g fiber | 56 g fat | 13 g protein | 568 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 10 m | Easy | 4 Servings
• 140 g melted butter
• 8 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 80 ml (32 g) coconut flour
• 85 g butter
• 28 g fresh blueberries
1. Mix melted butter and eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix to a smooth batter using an electric hand mixer.
2. Allow to rest for 5 minutes while the waffle iron heats to medium.
3. After properly heated, pour batter into iron and bake until golden. Baking time depends on the size of your waffle iron; we filled ours with 3⁄4 cup (11⁄2 dl) batter. Repeat with remaining batter.
4. Mix butter and blueberries with an electric hand mixer and serve with waffles.
No time to whip up blueberry butter? Then why not serve the waffles with butter and cinnamon or a dollop of whipped cream and berries?
If the waffles taste a bit eggy at first, let them cool, refrigerate them, and then use a toaster, skillet, air fryer, or oven rack to warm them. Keto and low-carb waffles and pancakes often have a different taste or texture over time.
Keto butter waffle toppings
Let our blueberry butter inspire you to try other flavored butter. Use citrus zest with a tablespoon of fresh juice for a fresh-tasting keto butter. Lemon, limes, or oranges would taste amazing on these waffles.
Replace the butter with coconut oil in the batter.