Keto Drinks Recipes
Dessert, smessert. What you really want after a big holiday meal, is a cup of this creamy, mild, stunningly scented eggnog loaded with hints of vanilla and orange.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
6 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 24 g fat | 3 g protein | 249 kcal
Prep Time: 10 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 2 egg yolks
• ½ tsp honey or powdered erythritol
• ¼ tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 orange, juice and zest
• 60 ml brandy or other dark liquor i.e. rum or bourbon (optional)
• 240 ml heavy whipping cream
• 1 pinch ground nutmeg
1. Whisk egg yolks, honey or sweetener and vanilla extract until the mixture is fluffy.
2. Add some orange zest. A fourth of an orange is enough for a distinct orange flavor.
3. Add four tablespoons orange juice and/or liquor. Mix well.
4. Whisk the cream and carefully stir down into the egg batter.
5. Pour into glasses and let chill for 15 minutes so the eggnog has time to develop taste and consistency.
6. Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top and serve.
It’s difficult to whisk egg yolks fluffy without sweetening, which is why there’s a little bit of erythritol in this recipe. Feel free to leave it out.
We use raw egg yolks, but if you don’t feel comfortable doing so, we recommend buying pasteurized eggs.