Keto Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast Keto Chaffles
The perfect low-carb breakfast. Cheesy waffles topped with soft egg and crispy bacon. Add some fresh salad to the side and you’ve got the best start to the day ever.
Recipe & Photo by Naomi Sherman
4 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 48 g fat | 32 g protein | 582 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 20 min | Medium | 4 Servings
• 4 eggs
• 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
• salt and pepper
• 4 eggs
• 8 bacon, good quality slices
• 8 (140 g) cherry tomatoes, sliced
• 55 g (425 ml) baby spinach
1. Pre-heat your waffle maker.
2. In a large, unheated frying pan, arrange the bacon slices and then adjust the temperature to medium heat. Cook the bacon for about 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until crispy to taste.
3. Set aside on a paper towel to drain while you cook the chaffles.
4. Place all of your waffle ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat to combine.
5. Lightly grease your waffle iron and then evenly spoon the mixture over the bottom plate, spreading it out slightly to get an even result.
6. Close the waffle iron and cook for approx. 6 minutes, depending on your waffle maker.
7. While the chaffles cook, crack your eggs into the bacon grease in the frying pan and cook gently until done.
8. Serve each chaffle topped with a fried egg and bacon slices, with baby spinach and cherry tomatoes on the side.
These chaffles are best eaten straight away but can be frozen and reheated. When in need of a quick, nutritious bite, simply microwave a chaffle for 40 seconds on a paper towel and then briefly cool.
They can also be stored, wrapped well, in the fridge for up to four days for easy breakfasts.
Tip! Bringing bacon to room temperature prior to frying, and adding the bacon to a cool pan and then turning on the heat to medium, helps the bacon to cook evenly.