Keto Breakfast Recipes
Capicola Egg Cups
Weekday mornings can be pretty hectic, so here’s a delicious and healthy lifehack to save the day. Prepare these keto egg cups on Sunday night to have them ready for the busy week ahead. This will be your secret weapon for a foolproof breakfast!
Recipe & photo by Suzanne Ryan
1 g net carbs | 0 g fiber | 12 g fat | 17 g protein | 189 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 15 min | Easy | 3 Servings
• 85 g capicola or bacon, in slices
• 180 ml (85 g) cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
• 6 large eggs
• salt and pepper
• thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray 6 wells of a standard-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place a slice of capicola in each of the 6 greased wells, forming a bowl shape. If using cheese, sprinkle 2 tablespoons into each of the cups formed by the capicola.
3. Crack an egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 12–14 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Serve hot, garnished with basil, if desired.
You can use prepackaged or deli capicola, or substitute other meats, like ham or bacon.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for meal prep. Store the egg cups in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.