Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto Bacon & Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast made easy. Cook up this keto casserole on Sunday and you’re all set for breakfast for the coming week. Easy, protein-packed, and durable enough to eat on-the-go.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
5 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 79 g fat | 32 g protein | 860 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 10 + 45 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 170 g mushrooms, in quarters
• 280 g bacon, diced
• 55 g butter
• 8 eggs
• 240 ml heavy whipping cream
• 300 ml (140 g) shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 tsp onion powder
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Fry the bacon and mushrooms in butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place contents of the skillet in a greased baking dish.
4. Add remaining ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg mixture over the bacon and mushrooms and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top and set in the middle. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if the top of the casserole is at risk of burning before it’s cooked through.
For a little color, feel free to add spinach or other greens to the skillet with the bacon and mushroom mixture in step 3, toward the end when almost finished cooking. Sauté for just a minute or two and proceed with the recipe.