Keto Breakfast Recipes
The low-carb keto waffle that has taken the world by a storm! This recipe gets rave reviews and is the perfect base to get creative. Want savory chaffles? Add ham and chives. Sweet chaffles? Add vanilla and cinnamon. The possibilities are endless.
Recipe & Photo by Naomi Sherman
2 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 26 g fat | 19 g protein | 323 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 2 + 6 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 28 g butter, melted
• 4 eggs
• 475 ml (220 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 4 tbsp almond flour
• 1 pinch salt (optional)
1. Pre-heat your waffle maker.
2. Place all of your ingredients (save some of the butter to grease the waffle maker) into a mixing bowl and beat to combine.
3. Lightly grease your waffle iron with butter and then evenly spoon the mixture over the bottom plate, spreading it out slightly to get an even result. Close the waffle iron and cook for approx 6 minutes, depending on your waffle maker.
4. Gently lift the lid when you think they’re done. If they are cooked, they will release easily.
5. Serve with your favourite toppings.
These chaffles are best eaten straight away but can be frozen and reheated.
You can skip the almond flour if you want to but it makes the chaffles more “waffle like”.
Good low-carb options include sugar-free whipped cream, nut butters, or fresh berries. To make the berries juicy like a sauce, heat them for a minute in the microwave, or warm them in a saucepan.
Storing and reheating