Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto Chicken Curry Bell-Pepper Sandwich
This easy, no-cook, dairy-free, egg-free, keto breakfast is perfect for busy mornings, especially if you prepare the chicken curry filling in advance and assemble the sandwich just before serving. The filling stays fresh in the refrigerator for days, making it ideal for a quick keto meal on a busy day.
Recipe by Jill Wallentin | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
3 g net carbs | 3 g fiber | 23 g fat | 20 g protein | 309 kcal
Prep Time: 15 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 2 (280 g) red bell peppers
• 230 g cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
• 120 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• salt and ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 (15 g) scallion, finely sliced
• 4 leaves butterhead lettuce
1. Cut the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the chicken, mayonnaise, scallions, and curry. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place a salad leaf on every bell-pepper half. Divide the chicken curry mix into the bell peppers. Garnish with scallions if desired.
If you don’t care for curry, omit it and use your preferred seasoning. Ranch, Italian or Tex-Mex flavors would be delicious! If you’re using dried herbs, making the filling in advance allows even more time for the flavors to intensify.
Cucumber boats or slices can also be used in place of bell pepper if you prefer.