Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto Croque Madame
Madame Crunch goes keto. The result? Ham+Cheese+Egg=TASTY. We’ve just swapped out the bread with cottage cheese and egg pancakes, and the result is an even tastier keto classic. All of the flavor, none of the carbs.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
7 g net carbs | 5 g fiber | 70 g fat | 54 g protein | 885 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 10 + 15 min | Medium | 2 Servings
• 240 ml (210 g) cottage cheese
• 4 eggs
• 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
• 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
• 140 g smoked deli ham
• 110 g (230 ml) sliced cheddar cheese or other cheese of your liking
• ½ (55 g) finely chopped red onion (optional)
• 2 eggs
• 1 tbsp butter
• 45 g (350 ml) baby spinach
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
• salt and pepper
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Mix in the cottage cheese. Add ground psyllium husk powder while stirring to incorporate it smoothly, without lumps. Let the mixture rest for five minutes until the batter has thickened.
2. Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add a generous amount of butter and fry the batter like small pancakes for a couple of minutes on each side, until they are golden. Make two pancakes per serving.
3. Assemble a sandwich with sliced ham and cheese between two of the warm pancakes. Add finely chopped onion on top.
4. Rinse and dry spinach. Mix oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a simple vinaigrette.
5. Add more butter to the frying pan and fry an egg to serve atop each sandwich.
6. Serve each Croque Madame warm beside spinach dressed with the simple vinaigrette.
Remove the crowning fried egg and you’ll have a Keto Croque Monsieur instead. Still keto. Still delicious.