Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto Egg & Bacon Casserole
Bacon and eggs for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! The spinach adds color and variety, the eggs hold this simple keto recipe all together. But bacon dominates.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
1 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 36 g fat | 23 g protein | 429 kcal
Cooking Time: 5 + 15 min | Medium | 2 Servings
• 140 g bacon, diced, room temperature
• 55 g (425 ml) fresh spinach
• 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 tbsp finely chopped, fresh chives (optional)
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1⁄8 tsp ground black pepper
• butter, for greasing
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9″x13″ (23×33 cm) baking dish with butter, and line a plate with paper towels. Set aside.
2. Add diced bacon to a cold frying pan or skillet. Place over medium heat, and cook for 10 minutes or until crispy, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to the paper towels, and reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
3. Sautée the spinach in the bacon fat for one minute, or until slightly wilted. Remove from heat.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the eggs, bacon, spinach (with bacon grease from the pan) chives, salt, and pepper.
5. Pour egg mixture into the baking dish(es) and bake on the middle oven rack for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned, and set.
6. Cool for a few minutes, slice and serve.
If you love cheese, you might want to mix in some grated cheddar or sprinkle parmesan on top before baking. Sautéed onions are another delicious addition.