Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto Egg Butter with Smoked Salmon & Avocado
This is what we call a breakfast for champions! If you want a keto meal that will keep you on top of your game for hours and hours, this is it!
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
3 g net carbs | 7 g fiber | 48 g fat | 24 g protein | 555 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 15 min | Easy | 2 Servings
• 4 eggs
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
• 55 g butter, at room temperature
• 1 (200 g) avocado
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
• 110 g smoked salmon
1. Place the eggs in a pot carefully. Cover with cold water and place on the stove without a lid. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Lower the heat and let simmer for 7-8 minutes. Remove the eggs from the warm water and place them in a bowl with ice-cold water to cool.
3. Peel the eggs and chop them finely. Mix eggs and butter with a fork. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and other flavors of your choice, see different suggestions below.
4. Serve the egg butter with a side of diced avocado and finely chopped parsley and a few slices of smoked salmon.
Try flavoring your egg butter with chili flakes, fresh herbs, or your favorite seasoning. Egg butter is great as a topping on just about anything – both hot and cold dishes, like avocado, salmon, turkey, and ham, but also in soups and stews and on top of vegetables and salads.