Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto French Pancakes
These light-as-a-feather French pancakes, also known as crêpes, are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Top with berries and lightly whipped cream for a rewarding keto treats the whole family can enjoy.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
4 g net carbs | 4 g fiber | 68 g fat | 15 g protein | 688 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 10 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 8 eggs
• 475 ml heavy whipping cream
• 120 ml water
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
• 85 g butter
1. In a bowl, mix together eggs, cream, water and salt with a hand mixer.
2. Gradually whisk in the psyllium husk while you continue mixing until you get a smooth batter. Let rest for at least 10 minutes.
3. Fry in butter just like regular pancakes. You should count with ½ cup (1 dl) batter per pancake. Make sure your frying pan is neither too big nor too hot, keep it on medium-high heat. Don’t be impatient, wait until the top is almost dry before flipping.
Start with frying a small pancake to determine if the batter holds together properly. There is a difference between different brands of psyllium husk and even the size of the eggs can affect the end result. Dilute the batter with some cream, milk or water if it gets too thick. Add more psyllium husk if it’s too thin.
You can serve the pancakes with whipped cream and/or berries of your choice.