Keto Breakfast Recipes
Keto Western Omelet
Fluffy, cheesy, egg goodness – this keto take on the classic omelet is even better than what they serve up at the diner! Bursting with tasty ham, peppers and onion, it’s the ultimate combo – whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
6 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 58 g fat | 40 g protein | 708 kcal
Cooking Time: 5 + 25 min | Easy | 2 Servings
• 6 eggs
• 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or sour cream
• salt and pepper
• 85 g (180 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
• 55 g butter
• 140 g smoked deli ham, diced
• ½ (55 g) yellow onion, finely chopped
• ½ (70 g) green bell pepper, finely chopped
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream until fluffy. Add salt and pepper.
2. Add half of the shredded cheese and mix well.
3. Melt the butter in a large frying pan on medium heat.
4. Sauté the diced ham, onion and peppers for a few minutes. Add the egg mixture and fry until the omelet is almost firm. Be extra mindful not to burn the edges.
5. Reduce the heat after a little while. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Fold the omelet if desired.
6. Serve immediately… and enjoy!
Pair with a fresh, green salad.
If you like to keep it spicy, serve with Tabasco or Sriracha sauce, or jalepenos on the side. Yes!