Keto Breakfast Recipes
All the yumminess of a lox bagel without the carbs and so easy even your spouse and kids can make it! We use the French omelet method here and it makes it so much easier to flip!
Recipe & photo by Cristina Curp
2 g net carbs | 0 g fiber | 32 g fat | 28 g protein | 412 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 10 m | Easy | 1 Serving
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
• 1 tbsp butter or ghee
• 55 g smoked salmon1
• 1 (15 g) scallion, shaved
• 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
• 1 tsp bagel seasoning
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. In a bowl combine the eggs and cream, mix very well with a whisk.
3. When the pan is warm add in the butter and swirl the pan to distribute the fat. When it stops sizzling add in the eggs and let them spread on the skillet.
4. Use the whisk or a heat-proof spatula to quickly mix up the eggs in a shallow whisk. You’re not scrambling them, you’re fluffing this thin layer of eggs.
5. Tap the pan down on the stove. Turn off the heat.
6. Put the smoked salmon, dill and most of the scallion along the center of the eggs then use the spatula to lift one side of the eggs and roll it forward and over the filling until you have a tube.
7. Slide the omelet onto a plate and garnish it with leftover scallion and bagel seasoning. Enjoy!