Keto Breakfast Recipes
No-Bread Keto Breakfast Sandwich
This sandwich is the ultimate in inventiveness. Scrumptious cheese and sizzling ham and eggs unite to form a stand-out keto sandwich — minus the bread!
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
2 g net carbs | 0 g fiber | 30 g fat | 20 g protein | 354 kcal
Cooking Time: 5 + 10 min | Easy | 2 Servings
• 2 tbsp butter
• 4 eggs
• salt and pepper
• 28 g smoked deli ham
• 55 g (120 ml) cheddar cheese or provolone cheese or edam cheese, cut in thick slices
• a few drops of tabasco or Worcestershire sauce (optional)
1. Add butter to a large frying pan and place it over medium heat. Add the eggs and fry them over easy, on both sides. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Use a fried egg as the base for each “sandwich”. Place the ham/pastrami/cold cuts on each stack next, and then add the cheese. Top off each stack with a fried egg. Leave in the pan, on low heat, if you want the cheese to melt.
3. Sprinkle a few drops of Tabasco or Worcestershire sauce if you want, and serve immediately.
Unsweetened French Dijon mustard is a perfect match with the ham. Plus, you can replace the ham with crispy-fried bacon or skip the meat altogether. This sandwich is great paired with a green salad or diced avocado!
If you STILL can’t imagine sandwiches without bread, we suggest you make a batch of Oopsies and keep them in the freezer. They don’t take long to thaw. If you add an Oopsie to the sandwich, you’ll have a very filling meal, indeed!