Keto Breakfast Recipes
Veggie Keto Scramble
Scrambled eggs with sautéed mushrooms and peppers are topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh-cut green onions. Delicious, fast, easy, and oh-so keto.
Recipe by Jill Wallentin | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
4 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 34 g fat | 32 g protein | 455 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 15 m | Easy | 1 Serving
• 1 tbsp butter
• 28 g mushrooms, sliced
• 3 eggs
• 28 g red bell peppers, diced
• salt and ground black pepper
• 60 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
• ½ (7.5 g) scallion, chopped
1. Heat the butter in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, chopped red peppers, season with salt and pepper, and fry until soft.
2. Crack the eggs straight into the pan and stir right away so everything gets well incorporated.
3. Move spatula across bottom and side of the skillet to form large, soft curds. Cook until no visible liquid egg remains, but the eggs are not dry.
4. Put the scramble on a plate and top with shredded parmesan and scallions.
Use a Microplane to grate the Parmesan cheese even finer for an even fluffier result.
If you prefer to mix the Parmesan cheese into the scramble, this is also a tasty option.