Keto Meal Recipes
Creamy Keto Fish Casserole
This creamy keto white fish casserole is kicked up a notch with fresh broccoli, greens, and the briny bite of capers.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
8 g net carbs | 4 g fiber | 67 g fat | 39 g protein | 797 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 10 + 30 min | Medium | 4 Servings
• 1 tbsp butter, for greasing baking dish
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 450 g broccoli, small florets
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• 110 g (260 ml) scallions, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp small capers (non-pareils)
• 650 g white fish (see tip), cut into serving-sized pieces
• 1 tbsp dried parsley
• 300 ml heavy whipping cream
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 85 g butter, cut into thin, equal slices
• 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 13″ x 9″ (33 x 23 cm) baking dish, set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli, and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the scallions and capers, stir together, and fry for a couple of minutes. Spoon the broccoli mixture into the baking dish.
4. Place the fish amongst the vegetables.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the parsley, whipping cream, and mustard. Pour over the fish and vegetables. Top with the sliced butter.
6. Bake on the middle rack, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, and flakes easily with a fork.
7. Serve as is, or with leafy greens on the side.
There are many white fishes to choose from. Here are a few that we recommend; Cod, Haddock, Monkfish, halibut, and Sea bass.
If there’s a broccoli-hater coming to dinner, sub in Brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, or mushrooms.