Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Asian Beef Salad
Gingery and savory with a slightly spicy kick. Hearty red meat with creamy sesame goodness. All that, keto, and a refreshing salad to boot?? Do you see where we’re going with this? Meet your newest favorite food in a bowl!
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
8 g net carbs | 3 g fiber | 72 g fat | 48 g protein | 873 kcal
Cooking Time: 15 + 10 min | Easy | 2 Servings
• 80 ml mayonnaise
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• ½ tbsp lime juice
• salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
• 1 tsp chili flakes
• 450 g ribeye steaks
• 6 (100 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
• 55 g cucumber, chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 85 g (550 ml) lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
• ½ (55 g) red onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 120 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
• 2 (30 g) scallions, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1. Prepare the sesame mayonnaise by mixing mayo with the sesame oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Mix all ingredients for the beef marinade and pour into a plastic bag. Add the beef and marinate for 15 minutes or more at room temperature.
3. Divide all the chopped vegetables, except the scallions, between two plates.
4. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds to the dry pan, and toast them for a couple of minutes, or until they’re lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside.
5. Pat the meat dry on both sides with paper towels. On high heat, sear for a minute or two on each side, and then reduce heat to medium low, cooking until beef is medium, and then transfer to a cutting board.
6. Fry the scallions for a minute in the same pan.
7. Slice the meat, across the grain, into thin slices. Place beef and scallions on top of the vegetables.
8. Top with roasted sesame seeds and serve with a dollop of sesame mayonnaise on the side.
In this dish, the beef is best served at medium, but you can make it well done if you prefer.
Craving a bit of variety? Try swapping in salmon or pre-cooked chicken instead of the beef.Craving a bit of variety? Try swapping in salmon or pre-cooked chicken instead of the beef.