Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Avocado, Bacon & Goat-Cheese Salad
Are you tired of the same old salad? Do we have a surprise for you! This lightning-quick lunch or dinner salad will have your tastebuds dancing with bright and peppery arugula, creamy avocado, salty bacon, baked goat cheese, and crunchy nuts to boot.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
5 g net carbs | 9 g fiber | 122 g fat | 28 g protein | 1237 kcal
Cooking Time: 10 + 20 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 230 g goat cheese, log
• 230 g bacon
• 2 (400 g) avocados, sliced
• 110 g (1.3 liters) arugula lettuce
• 110 g (260 ml) walnuts, halves & pieces
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 120 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
• 120 ml olive oil
• 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the goat cheese into round, 1/2″ (1 cm) slices and place in the baking dish. Bake on the upper rack for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
3. Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, non-stick pan. Fry over medium heat until crispy, turning occasionally.
4. Place the avocado slices on top of the arugula. Add the fried bacon and goat cheese. Sprinkle walnuts on top and serve with the dressing.
1. Add the dressing ingredients to a tall and narrow, mixing container. Using an immersion blender, blend together until well combined.
To prevent the goat cheese from crumbling when slicing, fill a cup with water, dip a sharp knife into the water, scrape the knife sides on the edge of the cup and then slice, and repeat. The knife will glide right through the cheese!
Looking for a little more variety? While this dressing is mouthwatering on its own, feel free to add your favorite herbs to make it even more irresistible. Fresh parsley, dill, or thyme, will round out the dressing nicely.