Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Buffalo Chicken with Paprika Mayo & Butter-Fried Cabbage
Everyday deliciousness, pure and simple. Juicy chicken thighs, buttered cabbage, plus a flavored mayo — either spicy or not-so-spicy. It’s an easy keto meal that you’ll make again and again.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
8 g net carbs | 5 g fiber | 71 g fat | 41 g protein | 856 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 10 + 50 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 2 tbsp hot sauce
• 1 tsp salt
• 900 g chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
Butter-fried green cabbage
• 650 g green cabbage
• 28 g butter
• salt and pepper
• 120 ml mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp paprika powder
• ½ tsp hot sauce
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Mix olive oil, garlic powder, hot sauce, and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken thighs and stir to cover; alternatively, brush the mixture all over the thighs.
3. Place the chicken in a greased baking dish with the skin side up. Bake in the oven for about 40-50 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. If you use a thermometer it should read 180°F (82°C) when ready.
4. In the meantime, shred the cabbage finely with a knife or food processor.
5. Melt butter in a skillet and fry cabbage over medium heat until soft and golden brown around the edges. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, paprika powder, and hot sauce or tabasco. Combine well.
7. Serve the chicken and cabbage with a dollop of flavored mayonnaise and perhaps an extra dash of hot sauce if you like, enjoy.
It doesn’t (always) have to be cabbage… Feel free to try this meal with any sautéed low-carb vegetable… even endive!
For hot sauce you can use tabasco or sriracha sauce. Feel free to add more or less, depending on how spicy you like it.