Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Caprese Omelet
Soft mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fresh basil! In an omelet — even better! This super-easy, keto dish works for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and is sure to be a new fave. So get out your frying pan.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
4 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 42 g fat | 33 g protein | 533 kcal
Cooking Time: 10 + 10 min | Easy | 2 Servings
• 6 eggs
• salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or dried basil
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 85 g cherry tomatoes cut in halves or tomatoes cut in slices
• 140 g (300 ml) fresh mozzarella cheese, diced or sliced
1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add salt and black pepper to your liking.
2. Whisk well with a fork until fully combined. Add basil and stir.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Fry the tomatoes for a few minutes.
4. Pour the egg batter on top of the tomatoes. Wait until the batter is slightly firm before adding the mozzarella cheese.
5. Lower the heat and let the omelet set. Serve right away and enjoy!