Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Pancetta
No time? No problem. This soup proves that keto food can be just as quick and easy as it is deeply satisfying. A silky, creamy soup topped with the salty crunch of fried pancetta, cauliflower and nuts. Who knew fast food could be so luxurious?
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
6 g net carbs | 3 g fiber | 52 g fat | 11 g protein | 527 kcal
Cooking Time: 5 + 15 min | Easy | 6 Servings
• 450 g cauliflower, cut into small florets, divided
• 1 tbsp butter
• 200 g pancetta, diced or bacon
• 85 g pecans, coarsely chopped
• 1 tsp paprika powder or smoked chili powder
• 950 ml chicken broth or vegetable stock
• 200 g cream cheese
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 110 g unsalted butter
• ¾ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
1. Chop a handful of the cauliflower florets, into ¼ inch pieces.
2. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saute pan (approximately 10” or 25 cm), over medium-high heat. Add the chopped cauliflower pieces and pancetta. Sauté for about 8-10 minutes or until the pancetta becomes crispy. During the last few minutes, stir in the pecans and paprika. Set aside.
3. Add the broth and the rest of the cauliflower florets to a medium-sized, soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil for a couple of minutes, over high heat.
4. Reduce the temperature to medium, and add the cream cheese, mustard, butter, salt, and pepper. Using an immersion blender, combine the ingredients to a desired consistency; blending the mixture for a longer time will produce a creamier soup.
5. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and top with the pancetta-pecan mixture.
Like variety? Then swap out the pecans for your favorite blend of nuts and seeds. And if you are running low on stock, no worries. Just replace it with lightly salted water.