Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Hamburger Patties with Creamy Tomato Sauce & Fried Cabbage
A delicious burger needs no bun! Enjoy this satisfying patty bare, topped with creamy tomato gravy and a side of sautéed cabbage. Keto satisfaction guaranteed!
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
9 g net carbs | 5 g fiber | 78 g fat | 42 g protein | 922 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 20 + 40 min | Medium | 4 Servings
• 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
• 1 egg
• 85 g crumbled feta cheese
• 1 tsp salt
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
• 55 g (220 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil, for frying
• 2 tbsp butter, for frying
• 180 ml heavy whipping cream
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
• 2 tbsp tomato paste or ajvar relish
• salt and pepper
Fried green cabbage
• 650 g shredded green cabbage
• 130 g butter
• salt and pepper
Hamburger patties and gravy
1. Add all ingredients for the hamburgers to a large bowl. Blend it using a wooden spoon or your clean hands. Don’t over mix since that can make your patties tough. Use wet hands to form eight oblong patties.
2. Add butter and olive oil to a large frying pan. Fry over medium-high heat for at least 10 minutes or until the patties have turned a nice color. Flip them a few times for even cooking.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste and cream. Add this mixture to the pan when the patties are almost done. Stir and let simmer for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top before serving.
Butter-fried green cabbage
1. Shred the cabbage finely using a food processor or sharp knife.
2. Add butter to a large frying pan.
3. Place the pan over medium high heat and sauté the shredded cabbage for at least 15 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted and golden brown around the edges.
4. Stir regularly and lower the heat a little towards the end. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Switch it up! These patties pair well with any sautéed vegetable… What do you love? Onions, mushrooms, spinach, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, green beans…