Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Pimiento Cheese Meatballs
Cheddar cheese, red pimiento peppers, and the secret ingredient of mayonnaise create a zesty yet creamy and moist keto meatball. It’s perfect not only for a weeknight dinner but also as a low-carb snack or taken in a lunchbox for work or school.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
1 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 52 g fat | 41 g protein | 648 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 15 + 20 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 80 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
• 60 ml pimientos or pickled jalapeños
• 1 tsp paprika powder or chili powder
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
• 240 ml (110 g) grated cheddar cheese
• 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
• 1 egg
• salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp butter, for frying
1. Start by mixing all ingredients for the pimiento cheese in a large bowl.
2. Add ground beef and the egg to the cheese mixture. Use a wooden spoon or clean hands to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Form large meatballs and fry them in butter or oil in a skillet on medium heat until they are thoroughly cooked.
4. Serve with a side dish of your choice, a green salad and perhaps a homemade mayonnaise.
This recipe works perfectly for meatloaf, too. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Press the meat mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes! Meatloaf can also be sliced for sandwiches or luncheon meat.