Keto Meal Recipes
Pizza, meet keto. It’s a simple take on how to get your pizza fix without the carbs. It’s everything you want — whether it is a simple pepperoni, cheese, and tomato-sauce version, or a loaded extravaganza. Make it your own.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Naomi Sherman
6 g net carbs | 1 g fiber | 86 g fat | 56 g protein | 1024 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 25 min | Easy | 2 Servings
• 4 eggs
• 350 ml (170 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
• 3 tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 300 ml (170 g) shredded provolone cheese
• 45 g pepperoni
• olives (optional)
• 55 g (230 ml) leafy greens
• 60 ml olive oil
• salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Start by making the crust. Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl and add shredded cheese. Give it a good stir to combine.
3. Use a spatula to spread the cheese and egg batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can form two round circles or just make one large rectangular pizza. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pizza crust turns golden. Remove and let cool for a minute or two.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F (225°C).
5. Spread tomato sauce on the crust and sprinkle oregano on top. Top with cheese and place the pepperoni and olives on top.
6. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the pizza has turned a golden brown color.
7. Serve with a fresh salad on the side.
Can I use other ingredients for the crust?
For this recipe, both eggs and cheese are necessary. Feel free to use other types of cheese, like goat cheese if you try to avoid cow’s milk. You can also mix different kinds of cheese to find the flavor combination that works best for you.
There are many ways of making gluten-free, low-carb, and keto pizza crusts. You can make it with cauliflower, eggplant, ground meat, or make it with almond flour like in the very popular Fathead pizza.
Can I use other toppings?
Go ahead and try sun-dried tomato pesto or a jar of spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce instead of tomato paste, but make sure there is no added sugar. Low-carb and keto topping options are endless: bacon, salami, mushrooms, blue cheese, shredded chicken, sautéed onions, feta cheese… you know what you like!
Can I store this dish?
This pizza keeps for at least 2-3 days in the fridge and reheats great in the microwave. When you’re in the process of baking it, make an extra crust or two and put it in the freezer. Put parchment paper in between the crusts if you’re making more than one. Whenever you’re in the mood for pizza, just grab a crust, top it with whatever is in your fridge and bake it off. Voila! Dinner in no time!
You can also use the crust as a wrap and fill it with anything you like, for example, deli roast beef or tuna and eggs.