Keto Meal Recipes
Keto Tuna Salad with Boiled Eggs
Creamy tuna salad served on crisp lettuce accompanied by eggs cooked to perfection and some tomatoes to brighten the plate. So easy. So tasty. So keto.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
6 g net carbs | 4 g fiber | 70 g fat | 33 g protein | 797 kcal
Cooking Time: 5 + 10 min | Easy | 2 Servings
• 110 g (260 ml) celery stalks
• 2 (30 g) scallions
• 140 g tuna in olive oil
• ½ lemon, zest and juice
• 120 ml mayonnaise
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 4 eggs
• 170 g Romaine lettuce
• 110 g cherry tomatoes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• salt and pepper
1. Chop celery and scallions finely. Add to a medium-sized bowl together with tuna, lemon, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Add eggs to a sauce pan, and add water until it covers the eggs. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5-6 minutes (soft-medium) or 8-10 minutes (hardboiled).
3. Place in ice-cold water immediately when done to make the eggs easier to peel. Divide them into wedges or halves.
4. Place tuna mix and eggs on a bed of romaine lettuce. Add tomatoes and drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
A generous sprinkle of ground cumin, curry, or paprika can add interesting flavors to the hard-boiled eggs. But don’t forget the salt and pepper!
If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can substitute a classic homemade French vinaigrette. Just whisk together 2 tablespoons red- or white-wine vinegar, a squeeze of lemon, 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard and salt & pepper to taste. Mix that with the tuna for a fresh, moist taste – without mayo!