Keto Side Dishes Recipes
Coleslaw à la Rainbow
This is a colorful and luxurious coleslaw with a twist! Creamy kale with crunchy almonds, super tasty and low-carb. Serve as a side dish or eat as it is, delicious either way.
Recipe & Photo by Naomi Sherman
10 g net carbs | 6 g fiber | 16 g fat | 6 g protein | 219 kcal
Cooking Time: 10 min | Easy | 1 Serving
• 425 g green cabbage
• 425 g red cabbage
• 1 (140 g) yellow bell pepper
• 140 g Tuscan kale
• 55 g (90 ml) Slivered almonds
• 120 ml sour cream
• 60 ml Greek yogurt
• 60 ml mayonnaise
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Use a sharp knife, mandolin or food processor to slice the cabbage, bell pepper and kale as thinly as possible. Place in a large bowl, and use your hands to toss together.
2. Place the almonds in a small frying pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until they are fragrant, and light brown in color. Set aside in a small bowl to cool.
3. Place all of the dressing ingredients in the jar of a stick mixer or a blender and blitz until creamy and well combined.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
5. For serving, garnish with the toasted almonds.
Add fresh herbs such as basil, parsley or cilantro to the dressing for a more flavorful salad. Garlic is also yummy.
You can store the salad in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.