Keto Side Dishes Recipes
Zucchini stands in for potatoes in this low-carb makeover of the classic summer fave, potato salad. All of the creamy flavor, and (almost) none of the carbs! Perfect for picnics and barbecues.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
4 g net carbs | 2 g fiber | 32 g fat | 3 g protein | 312 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 15 min | Easy | 6 Servings
• 900 g zucchini
• 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 85 g (200 ml) celery stalks, finely sliced
• 55 g (130 ml) chopped scallions
• 240 ml mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
• ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Peel and cut the zucchini into pieces that are about half an inch (1-1.5 cm) thick. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. Place in a colander and add salt. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then cautiously press out the water.
2. Fry the cubes in butter for a couple of minutes over medium heat. They should not brown, just slightly soften. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the zucchini once it’s cool.
You can prepare the salad 1-2 days ahead of time; the flavors only enhance with time.
For tasty variety, go ahead and add a chopped hard boiled egg!