Keto Snacks Recipes
Keto Tortilla Pizza
These mouthwatering mini-pizzas are as big on flavor as they are low in carbs. In just a few minutes you’ll be snacking on a gooey pizza loaded with all the lip-smacking stars of this Italian classic.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia | Photo by Emma Shevtzoff
5 g net carbs | 2 g fiber | 30 g fat | 20 g protein | 372 kcal
Prep/Cooking Time: 5 + 15 min | Easy | 4 Servings
• 120 ml unsweetened tomato sauce
• 475 ml (220 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 2 tsp dried basil or dried oregano
• salt and pepper (optional)
• 2 eggs
• 2 egg whites
• 170 g cream cheese
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
• 1 tbsp coconut flour
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Whisk the eggs and egg whites fluffy and continue to whisk with a hand mixer, preferably for a few minutes. Add cream cheese and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth.
3. Mix salt, psyllium husk, and coconut flour in a small bowl. Add the flour mix one spoon at a time into the batter and continue to whisk some more. Let the batter sit for a few minutes, or until the batter is thick like an American pancake batter. How fast the batter will swell depends on the brand of psyllium husk – some trial and error might be needed.
4. Bring out two baking sheets and place parchment paper on each. Using a spatula, spread the batter thinly (no more than ¼”/5 mm thick) into 4-6 circles or 2 rectangles.
5. Bake on the upper rack for about 5 minutes or more, until the tortilla, turns a little brown around the edges. Carefully check the bottom side so that it doesn’t burn.
1. Turn your oven up to 450°F (225°C).
2. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste, sauce, or ajvar (roasted red pepper sauce) on each low-carb tortilla bread. Salt and pepper if needed. Top with cheese and return to tortillas in the oven.
3. Bake the mini pizzas in the oven until the cheese has melted.